05x17 - And Then There Was Shawn

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Boy Meets World". Aired: September 1993 to May 2000.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A coming-of-age comedy follows Cory as he juggles school, friends and romance.

05x17 - And Then There Was Shawn

Post by bunniefuu »

COLD OPEN

FADE IN:

INT. FEENY'S CLASSROOM - AFTERNOON (DAY 1)

(Cory, Feeny, Shawn, Topanga, Angela, Kenny, Atmos / Students)

ANGLE ON: SHAWN WALKING IN FEENY'S CLASSROOM WITH BACKPACK EVERYONE ELSE DOING CLASS WORK

SHAWN: (TO CORY) Hey, what are you doing in my seat?

CORY: (SITTING) Well, well the wife and I aren't together anymore and I figured it would be safer if I had a buffer.

SHAWN: (SITS IN CORY'S ORIGINAL DESK) This break up is now having severe ramifications on me.

FEENY: (TO SHAWN) Ooo, Ramification, nice word jug head.

SHAWN: (DISPLEASURE, TO CORY) You see now Feeny knows I'm in the class.

CORY: It just logistics, Shawn, listen if I sit in that seat, I could still smell her hair, hear her breathe, watch her sweater go up when she raises her hand.

SHAWN: Oh, Ok, I'll sit here, but I'm only between you two, Ok I'm not in the middle of you.

KENNY: (LEANING OVER TO TOPANGA) Hey, Topanga can I borrow your big pencil? (TOPANGA ABOUT TO GIVE HIM THE PENCIL)

SHAWN: (RUNS OVER TO KENNY) They're not divorced Kenny, It's just a trial separation, and don't think I don't know what borrow a pencil means, Ok Nobody, nobody's borrowed more pencils than Shawn Hunter.

CORY: (GETS UP TO GET SHAWN OFF KENNY'S BACK) Hey, thanks for not getting in the middle of this.

ANGELA: (TO SHAWN) He was just asking for a pencil.

SHAWN: (STILL STANDING) I know what he was asking for and if he asks again, I'll s*ab that big pencil through his heart. (POINTS TO KENNY) You hear me Kenny, huh?

ANGELA: (TO TOPANGA) Why is Shawn so obsessed with you two?

TOPANGA: I don't know, but he's almost taking it harder, than me and Cory.

FEENY: (STANDING IN FRONT OF CLASS) We'll return to the Young and the Restless right after this word from Feeny, and here is the word, shut up.

SHAWN: (STANDS, MEEKNESSLY) Mr. Feeny, I'm sure if you recall the pain of being stabbed in the back by a girlfriend.

TOPANGA: (RESENTFULLY, STANDS) I didn't s*ab him, he stabbed me. (SHAWN GIVES MEAN LOOK TO TOPANGA)

CORY: (STANDS, EBULLIENTLY) Oh, I'd s*ab myself before I'd s*ab you. Kenny give me that pencil.

KENNY: (TO CORY) I don't have one.

FEENY: (ANGRY, HOLDING SCISSORS) Now listen, this class will not be more interested in the romantic goings on of it's students, than it is with what ever the hell I'm teaching. (SLAMS SCISSORS DOWN ON DESK) Matthews go sit on that side of the room. (POINTS TO RIGHT) Lawrence you sit on this side, right now, (CLAPS) Lets go.

SHAWN: (STILL STANDING, PEEVISHLY) Mr. Feeny you can't do that you're contributing to the furtherance of their apartness.

FEENY: I'm trying to teach a class here, Now Mr. Hunter, Nebraska?

SHAWN: (POINTS) Oh, don't try to change the subject. (SITS)

FEENY: (YELLS) Quiet! One more crazy interruption, and all you nuts are going into detention.

THE DOOR FLIES OPEN AND A SCARY JANITOR WALKS IN, EMPTYING GARBAGE CAN AND POINTS TO THE STUDENTS MEANLY, THEN LEAVES.

FEENY (CONT'D): (IMPATIENTLY) Oh, that's it!

ANGLE ON: CORY, SHAWN, TOPANGA, AND ANGELA WITH OTHER STUDENTS IN DETENTION.

CORY: (TO DAZING SHAWN) I didn't think seniors still got detention.

FEENY: (WALKING BY CORY) They do when they act like two year olds.

CORY: (IMITATING) They do when they act like two year olds. CORY AND SHAWN LAUGH.

FEENY: (RESENTFUL) Mr. Matthews, when one mocks someone, one should wait until they're not looking right at them.

CORY: (SMARTLY) But I'm not in my regular seat.

FEENY: (CALMLY) This is detention people, that means no talking no moving or fraternizing, for the next hour and a half. (WALKS TO DOOR)

SHAWN: Where are you going Mr. Feeny?

FEENY: (MILDLY) I'm not in detention, Mr. Hunter, I can do as I please and don't for a moment think because of my absence from this room that you're not being watched. (EXITS)

CORY SITS BACK AND PUTS HIS HANDS BEHIND HIS HEAD CARE FREE.

KENNY: (PAUSE TO THINK) All I wanted was a pencil.

CORY: (SNAPPY) Oh, shut up Kenny. You're lucky to even be here.

KENNY: (TURNS TO CORY) I don't happen to see it that way.

SHAWN GETS UP TO LEAVE.

TOPANGA: (TO SHAWN) Where do you think you're going?

SHAWN: Well, if were going to be in here for over an hour, then I'm going to my locker to get my cheese product. (STARTS TO TURN KNOB BUT CAN'T) Huh, can you believe this Feeny locked us in.

CORY: He can't do that, it's against the Geneva Detention Convention.

SHAWN SEES JANITOR COMING AND RUNS BACK TO HIS SEAT. JANITOR APPEARS IN DOOR, EVERYONE LOOKS AT HIM, IN FEAR.

SHAWN: Whoa!

CORY: Ey, do, do you think he works on that look?

SHAWN: (CORY AND SHAWN GETS UP TO TALK TO JANITOR THROUGH DOOR) Hey, giggles, We're locked in. Do you have the key?

JANITOR PUTS KEYS UP TO WINDOW AND GIVES A SARCASTIC SMILE.

CORY: Great! You want to let us out?

JANITOR SMILES AND PUTS KEYS DOWN AND WALKS OFF.

TOPANGA: (GETTING UP TO WALK TOWARD DOOR, FREAKED) Ok, this is getting scary.

ANGELA: (RUN TOWARD SHAWN IN PANIC AND FRIGHTENED) What's going on! (HOLDS ONTO SHAWN'S ARM)

SHAWN: (SMILES) I don't know, but I like it.

THEN MAP FLAPS UP AND ON BLACK BOARD IT SAYS "NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE" WRITTEN IN BLOOD. CORY, SHAWN, TOPANGA, ANGELA AND KENNY STAND NEAR DOOR IN FEAR.

ANGELA: (SCREAMS AND POINTS)

SHAWN: (TERRIFIED) Now. I don't like it as much.

FADE OUT:

END OF COLD OPEN

ACT ONE SCENE 1 FADE IN:

INT. FEENY'S CLASSROOM - AFTERNOON (DAY 1)

(Cory, Shawn, Topanga, Angela, Kenny, Eric, Jack)

TOPANGA AND ANGELA HUDDLED TOGETHER SCREAMING AND STARING AT BLACK BOARD. SHAWN: It's Feeny.

ANGELA: There's blood on the black board, Shawn. I don't think it's because he ran out of chalk.

SHAWN: No, No, it's fake, it's all fake Feeny's pulling some elaborate hoax.

KENNY: Why?

CORY: Well, why, does Feeny do anything, to teach us something?

TOPANGA: What's he trying to teach us?

CORY: To pay attention or we die.

TOPANGA: (GOING TO HER SEAT, DIRECTED TO CORY, MODEST) Oh, you're nuts.

CORY: Stop attacking me Ok, you've given up your right to att*ck me.

ANGELA: This doesn't make any sense.

SHAWN: (SITS ON TOP DESK) It does if you've seen as many horror films as I have, this is classic, the locked door, the scary janitor, the bloody warning and our soon to be first victim. (POINTS TO KENNY)

KENNY: Me, why me?

CORY: (LAUGHING) Well, it's certainly isn't going to be any of us. (SHAWN, TOPANGA, ANGELA ALL LAUGH) What are you thinking? What's this guy doing?

THEY ALL HEAR A THOMP SOUNDS COMING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE DOOR. IT'S A BASKETBALL BEING BOUNCED BY ERIC, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A HEARTBEAT.

ANGELA: (IN FEAR) Alright, you're the horror film expert. What's that?!

SHAWN: (WALKING TO DOOR, BRAVADO) That's the sound of our b*ating hearts, it signifies our height and fears, and the fact that something horrible is about to walk in that door, right now!

EVERYONE FREAKS, AS THE DOOR FLIES OPEN WHERE JACK AND ERIC STAND.

ERIC: (IN SCREECHY VOICE, RAISES EYEBROW; WAVING HIS HAND) Hidy, ho!

EVERYONE RELIEVED.

JACK: (POINTING) Who's blood's on the black board? (WALKING TOWARD BLACK BOARD)

SHAWN: (SHOCKED) What are you guys doing here?

ERIC: Oh, well Jack and I had the hankering for some hoops, miss the smell of the old locker room, you know.

CORY: Did you guys see Feeny out there?

JACK: Nope, not a sole, actually it was kinda creepy.

TOPANGA: (TO JACK, FAST) Why Creepy? Why is it creepy? Why did you say creepy? Why creepy?

JACK: Ah, I think it had something to do with the janitor.

SHAWN: (POINTS) I knew it.

JACK: See, when we finished playing, we went into the locker room to change, and there he was pushing his squeaky bin emptying the waste baskets.

TOPANGA: Well, thats not so creepy.

ERIC: Oh, and there was blood coming out of the showers.

TOPANGA: (FREAKED) hhgg!!

CORY: (OFF THE MAIN SUBJECT) How's the pressure?

ERIC: Oh, really good.

CORY: Really?

ERIC: Got all the soap out of my hair, nice. (PUTS HANDS THROUGH HAIR)

SHAWN: (INTERUPTING) Blood in the showers, this is straight out of that horror film classic "Blood In The Showers" no this isn't the janitor, this is the work of a diabolical master villain.

CORY: FEENY!

SHAWN: (QUICKLY) Absolutely Feeny. I just feel so bad that Kenny has to be the first to die.

KENNY: I really wish you'd stop saying that.

JACK: (WALKS TOWARD DESK TO SIT) So what do you think Feeny's trying to do?

CORY: (TO EVERYONE) I, I think that he knows we're too old for detention to scare us like it did when we were little kids right, so he's turned this school into a total chamber of horrors.

ANGELA: Doctor Feeny's house of terror.

KENNY: (WALKING TOWARD CORY, ANGRILY) This doesn't scare me, nothing scares me, and Topanga doesn't belong to (TO SHAWN) your best friend Cory anymore, and if I want to borrow a pencil from her, I will and what are you going to do about it? (SHAWN TURNS ANGRY)

A STRANGE FIGURED CREATURE SHUTS THE LIGHTS OFF AND ANGELA SCREAMS. SHAWN TURNS LIGHTS BACK ON; JACK CARRYING ERIC.

JACK: (TO ERIC) Put on some weight since the last time you were scared?

ERIC: (SCARED, MUMBLES) Yeah.

ANGELA SCREAMS.

SHAWN: (WALKING TOWARD ANGELA) No, No, No, you scream when the lights go out, screaming when the lights are on takes away from the first scream.

ANGELA POINTS AND SCREAMS AGAIN.

SHAWN: (MAKING FUNNY FACE) Now, you're just being loud.

CORY AND TOPANGA TURN AND SEE KENNY WITH PENCIL IN HIS HEAD, PENCIL MAKES MARK ON WALL AS HE SINKS DOWN. EVERYONE ELSE STARES AS TOPANGA BACKS UP AND CORY WALKS UP TO HIM AND POINTS TO WALL.

CORY: We'll always remember he was that tall.

ERIC: (SHOCKED) Oh, my gosh, they k*lled Kenny!

EVERYONE RUNS OUT IN HALLWAY SCREAMING IN FEAR, LIGHTS FLICKER, SCARY MUSIC PLAYS OVER INTERCOM.

INTERCOM: "Welcome to John Adams High, where you are going to die. That's right, fall right this way."

SHAWN: (REGROUPS) Feeny, Feeny, Feeny, you're SO low budget.

TOPANGA: (GRABS SHAWN BY THE ARM) Wake up Shawn, this could not be Mr. Feeny.

SHAWN: (DISBELIEVING) No, then what, there really is some psycho k*ller on the loose, you'd rather believe that?

ERIC: (YELLING) Oh, my God! (EVERYONE ELSE SCREAMS)

CORY: (YELLING) What! What?!

ERIC: (LOUD) My basketball is gone too!

JACK: (WALKS OVER HOLDING BASKETBALL) No it's not, I got it. (GIVES ERIC BALL)

ERIC: (CUDDLES WITH BALL, FEELING SAFE) Oh, good.

TOPANGA: Look, I don't care who's behind this, I'm scared. Can we please get out of here?

SHAWN: Of course we can't get out of here, Feeny's the only one with the keys to all the doors, and they're all locked and chained by now!

EVERYBODY BUT SHAWN RUNS FRANTICALLY TO ALL THE DOORS AND POUNDS ON THEM AND YELL FOR HELP, THEN SHAWN WALKS UP TO THEM.

ERIC: (UPSET) Darn it, he's right.

SHAWN: Why, wont you believe me, it's all so predictable.

JACK: Oh, yeah then what's going to happen next?

SHAWN: First there'll be some strange shrouded figure creeping behind us that none of us will see. (THEY LOOK BEHIND)

A PERSON IN A SCARY COSTUME RUNS BY THEM; THEY TURN BACK, NOT SEEING HIM.

SHAWN (CONT'D): Then the lights will flicker and Feeny will pop up and reveal his master plan to us.

ERIC MAKES A FACE OF DISBELIEF; LIGHTS FLICKER AND MUSIC OVER INTERCOM.

INTERCOM: "Here's a Kn*fe, here's a g*n, there'll be fun for everyone. Death is on the menu tonight."

FEENY APPEARS IN THE DARKNESS; EVERYONE'S RELIEVED.

CORY: (WALKS TOWARD FEENY) Mr. Feeny, I have got to hand it to you. You have really out done yourself this time, I mean k*lling Kenny, obvious choice, but the pencil George, I mean that was genius.

SHAWN: (TO FEENY; ACTING MR. KNOW IT ALL) I knew it was you all along, What's the big lesson? What were you trying to teach us?

SHAWN PATS FEENY ON THE SHOULDER; FEENY FALLS WITH SCISSORS IN HIS BACK. TOPANGA FALLS TO HER KNEES IN SHOCK.

ERIC: (SHOCKED) Oh, my gosh, they k*lled Feeny!

EVERYONE BUT SHAWN RUN SCREAMING DOWN THE HALL.

SHAWN: (SHOCKED) I was wrong.

FADE OUT:

END OF ACT ONE

ACT TWO

SCENE 1

FADE IN:

INT. FEENY'S CLASSROOM - EVENING (DAY 1 ) (Cory, Shawn, Topanga, Angela, Eric, Jack, Jennifer)

SHAWN SITTING ON DESK TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL; EVERYONE STILL IN SHOCK.

TOPANGA: (IN SHOCK, WALKING TOWARD SHAWN) Feeny's dead, Feeny's dead, Mr. Feeny's dead!

CORY: (STANDS) Feeny can't die. How can Feeny die?

SHAWN: (STANDS; STILL IN SHOCK) He was the first suspect, it's my fault, the second I suspected him, I signed his death warrant.

ANGELA: (SITTING) Well, is anyone of us safe?

SHAWN: (WALKING TOWARD DOOR) Yeah, virgins, virgins never die.

CORY: (TO TOPANGA) Alright, thanks for saving me. (TOPANGA GIVES CORY A DIRTY LOOK)

ERIC: (SMILES) I'm dead.

JACK: (LOOKS DOWN) I'm dead.

SHAWN: (SHYLY) Well, how sick can you get without actually dying?

ANGELA: Feeny, he's dead.

SHAWN/ERIC: (DOING A DANCE) Hey, Hey, Hey, Go Feeny, go Feeny, go, go, go, go Feeny.

CORY: (WALKING TOWARD SHAWN, YELLING) OKAY! listen as happy as I am for Feeny, I am scared to death here. Ok what do we do?

SHAWN: Okay, alright lets calmly recap.

ERIC: (UNCALMLY, VERY FAST SPOKEN) Kenny's dead, Feeny's dead, we're trapped inside with the k*ller.

JACK: So basically we have to figure out who the k*ller is.

ANGELA: (STANDS) Yeah, we should slit up.

SHAWN: (QUICKLY) Right away wrong.

ANGELA: (SITS) Okay, fine, we'll just stay right here, we'll all be fine.

SQUEAKS COME FROM OUTSIDE CLASSROOM; THEY ALL LOOK AT DOOR IN FEAR.

SHAWN: (STOPPING CORY) Don't, Don't, Don't say it!

CORY: The janitor is the k*ller.

SHAWN: And that's the end of the janitor.

CORY: Oh, stop being crazy!

SHAWN LOOKS AT CORY, MEANLY.

TOPANGA: Yeah, Shawn, you we're wrong about Feeny, and you're wrong about this.

SHAWN: (YELLS ANGRILY) You were wrong to break up with Cory!

TOPANGA: What does that have to do with anything?

SHAWN: Did any of this happen when you two were together?

TOPANGA: No.

SHAWN: You've k*lled us, you've k*lled us all.

ERIC: (RUNS OVER TO SHAWN) Hey, Hey, now you're over reacting. There's only been two people that are horribly dead, that's an expectable loss.

SQUEAKS GET LOUDER.

ANGELA: (TERRIFIED) Oh, my God, he's coming closer, he's coming closer. (SCREAMS)

JACK: Come on, let's get out of here! (OPENS DOOR)

EVERYONE RUNS OUT SCREAMING; ANGELA POINTS AND SCREAMS AT THE ROLLING BIN.

JACK: (TO ANGELA) You know you're really good at that.

ANGELA: (SMILES IN FEAR) Thank you.

CORY: So where is he?

ERIC: He's probably on his way.

SHAWN: (WALKING TO BIN TO LOOK INSIDE) I don't think so, Angela?

ANGELA: Yeah.

SHAWN: Are you sick of screaming?

ANGELA: (OUT OF BREATH) Yes.

SHAWN: Then don't look in here.

EVERYONE BUT ANGELA LOOK IN THE BIN, AND SCREAM.

CORY: (FRIGHTENED) There's like fifteen retainers in there.

SHAWN LIFTS THE DEAD JANITOR UP TO SHOW THEM.

SHAWN: And this.

THEY ALL LOOK AT ANGELA, WAITING FOR HER TO SCREAM.

ANGELA: Oh, really Ok. (SCREAMS)

SHAWN PUTS THE DEAD JANITOR BACK IN BIN AND ROLLS IT AWAY.

ERIC: Wait a second, the k*ller's dead. We're off the hook. (SLAPS HIS HANDS) Up top.

JACK: I don't get it man, it had to be the janitor.

CORY: (FRIGHTENED) There's nobody else in here, is there?

THEY ALL LOOK BEHIND, NOBODY. THEY TURN BACK IN RELIEF. THEN GUY IN SCARY COSTUME RUNS BY.

TOPANGA: Alright, how do you explain this?

SHAWN: Easy, the death of the janitor signifies the end of the last of the obvious suspects, just like in the cold classic, "The Last Of The Obvious Suspects".

ANGELA: That would mean...

ERIC: (STANDING BEHIND SHAWN, INTERRUPTS) Done, Done, Done.

CORY: The k*ller is one of us.

SHAWN: Like in "The k*ller's One Of Us".

ERIC: (INTERRUPTS AGAIN) Done, Done, Done.

TOPANGA: (IRRITATED) Enough already!

SHAWN AND CORY STARE AT TOPANGA SUSPICIOUSLY.

SHAWN: (TO TOPANGA; RAISES EYEBROW) What, do we upset you?

TOPANGA: Yes!

CORY: (RAISES EYEBROW) Upset you enough to k*ll?

ERIC: (INTERRUPTS AGAIN) Done, Done, Done. (PAUSE) Done, Done.

CORY: Ok, I think we need to face it everybody, one of us, (WALKS BEHIND JACK) is a crazy, (WALKS BEHIND SHAWN) psychopathic, (WALKS BEHIND TOPANGA) m*rder*r. The question is, which one of us is it?

ANGELA GIVE EVIL EYE TO CORY; SHAWN AND TOPANGA LOOK AT EACH OTHER SUSPICIOUSLY; JACK LOOKS AT ERIC FUNNY AS ERIC'S LICKING HIS THUMB.

TOPANGA: Look no of us is the k*ller, there has to be somebody else in here, and there has to be another way out. Somebody has to find a way out.

ERIC: Fine. I'll do it. I'm the oldest.

JACK: Actually, I'm the oldest.

ERIC: Yeah, but I've lived the longest.

JACK: Ok, you can be the one.

ERIC: (CONFUSED) Alright, so you know, what just happened here?

CORY: You get to stay out here all by yourself.

ERIC: (SMILES) Oh good.

CORY: Good luck.

ERIC: Thanks man.

EVERYBODY PATS ERIC ON THE BACK FOR GOOD LUCK, THEN THEY ALL RUN INTO FEENY'S CLASSROOM AND SHUT DOOR.

ERIC (CONT'D): (REALIZING) Oohh! (LOOKING AROUND) Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, HEY!

ERIC GETS SPOOKED WHEN HE TURNS TO JENNIFER; AND THEY BOTH SCREAM.

JENNIFER: Excuse me!

ERIC: (YELLS) k*ller, k*ller, you're the k*ller, and I know you're going to tell me you're not the k*ller, and because you're beautiful you think I'm going to believe you but, I'm not. It's just like that movie, "k*ller, k*ller, You're The k*ller". And I know you're going to tell me that.....

JENNIFER: (ASSURING) I'm not the k*ller.

ERIC: I believe you. (GRABS JENNIFER AND PUTS HER AGAINST THE LOCKERS AND KISSES HER.)

JENNIFER: You, see um, I'm a new student here, and I was in study hall, and got locked in, I've been so frightened. You are very friendly aren't you? (ERIC STILL KISSING HER)

ERIC: (STOPS KISSING AND SMILES) Friendly, enough to keep you safe from the bad, bad, k*ller man. (PAUSE) Hi, Eric Matthews. (PUTS HAND OUT FOR HER TO SHAKE) and you are?

JENNIFER: (SHAKING HIS HAND) Jennifer Love Phefferman.

ERIC: (SMILES) Such a beautiful name, can I call you Pheffy?

JENNIFER: Everybody does.

ANGLE ON: JACK, SHAWN, ANGELA, CORY AND TOPANGA PEEK THROUGH THE OPENED DOOR AT ERIC AND JENNIFER.

JACK: She doesn't look like the k*ller type to me.

CORY: Me neither, I am however less sure about Eric.

SHAWN: Don't assume, it's always the one you think can't be the k*ller.

THEY ALL WALK OUT.

CORY: You can hang out with us, Pheffy.

TOPANGA: Yeah, as long as we all hang out together, we'll all be safe.

PHONE RINGS AND JENNIFER SCREAMS; ANGELA LOOKS AT HER THEN SHE SCREAMS.

JENNIFER: (TO ANGELA) I'm sorry, you...

ANGELA: Yes girl, (SNAPS) I am the screamer around here.

JACK: (ANSWERING PHONE) Hello.

PHONE: (SPOOKY VOICE) Do you like scary movies? What's your favorite?

JACK: Ooo, Ok Well I like that one with that hotty, hot hot from Party Of Five.

JENNIFER: Neve Campbell?

ERIC: Duh!

CORY: Guys we can use this phone to help us.

ERIC: That's a great idea, (TAKES PHONE FROM JACK) because when we found out who the k*ller is, (PULLS OUT CORD) we can hit'em with this. (PAUSE) Done, Done, Done. PHONE RINGS.

ERIC: (ANSWERING) Hello...oh hey, (PUTS PHONE DOWN TO TELL REST) It's the k*ller, (PUTS PHONE TO EAR) Ahah...umm (PUCKERS LIPS) Ooo...ahah...(PUTS FINGERS UP LIKE HE WAS TALKING TOO MUCH) Yeah...alrighty...Ba bye, (SIGHS) Whew, on and on.

CORY: Well, what did he say? Was he mad?

ERIC: He said what all k*ller's say, he wants to come here, he wants to k*ll us, he wants us to wait right here.

EVERYONE RUNS WHILE ERIC COMES BACK TO PUT PHONE BACK AND CHECK FOR CHANGE, HITS PHONE AND RUNS.

ANGLE ON: INT. DARK LIBRARY.

SHAWN OPENS DOOR LOOKS AROUND THEN GIVES THE REST OF THE GROUP AN OK TO WALK IN.

TOPANGA: (TO ANGELA, WALKING PASS EVERYONE) You know I don't trust this Jennifer Love Phferman, anymore than I can throw her.

ANGELA: I know we don't know anything about her do we?

ERIC: (WHISPERING TO JACK AS THEY LOOK AROUND) When did this school get a library?

JACK: Everyday is a new adventure isn't it?

SHAWN: Alright everybody, as much as this goes against my horror movie instincts, I think we should slit up, that way the k*ller can't get to us all at once. THEY ALL SLIP UP.

CORY AND JENNIFER FOLLOW EACH OTHER.

CORY: (WONDERING) You know, I don't understand why anyone would do this to us, I mean we're good kids. Why? For what reason?

TOPANGA: WALKS RIGHT BY CORY AND JENNIFER AS SHE WAS SPYING ON THEM.

JENNIFER: (TRYING TO REASURE CORY) Hey, Hey, we're all scared, but you know what, don't worry, we'll get out of this. (JENNIFER KISSES CORY ON THE CHEEK; CORY SMILES)

JENNIFER LOOKS AROUND, SHE LOOKS UP AND FIFTEEN BOOKS FALL ON HER; AS THEY DO SHE SCREAMS, AND FALLS. THEN k*ller IS SEEN THEN DUCKS.

ERIC: (RUNS OVER IN SHOCK) Pheffy! I'll save you, Oh! (UPSET)

JENNIFER: (QUIETLY) Oh, it's too late, but I think I know who the k*ller is.

ERIC: Save your breath, Pheffy There'll be plenty of time for that later.

JENNIFER: Eric, I'm dying.

ERIC: (CHANGES TONE OF VOICE) Oh, right Ok, um maybe you should tell me now.

JENNIFER: (WEAKLY) I caught a glimpse of the k*ller, just before the books hit me. The k*ller is...

ERIC THEN LOOKS UP SEES BOOKS FALL AND SCREAMS BEFORE THEY HIT HIM. JACK AND CORY RUN OVER AND SEE ERIC AND JENNIFER DEAD.

JACK: (UPSET, YELLS AND POINTS) Eric! (POINTS TO PHEFFY) Pheffy! (POINTS BACK TO ERIC) Eric, oh he was my friend, my roommate. I didn't really know her. He paid half the rent, now I can't afford to live in my apartment anymore. Wait if I can't afford to live in my apartment anymore, (RUNS TO WINDOW) then I don't want to live.

ANGELA REALIZES, THEN RUNS AFTER HIM TO STOP HIM AS HE'S ABOUT TO JUMP.

ANGELA: Wait, Wait, Shawn is still your roommate, together you can make the rent.

JACK: Oh, yeah, Ok, let's go back inside now, Thanks.

THE k*ller THEN PUSHES THEM OFF WINDOW SILL, THEY SCREAM, WHILE THEY GO DOWN. SHAWN, TOPANGA AND CORY GO TO WINDOW AS THEY HEAR SCREAMING. THEY ALSO SEE k*ller AND TRAP HIM SO HE CAN'T LEAVE.

SHAWN: (SCARED) Ok, I know I was wrong before, but I really, really think guy's the k*ller.

CORY: (YELLING) Why are you doing this to us?

THE k*ller WALKS TO CORY AND TOPANGA TO PUT THEIR HANDS TOGETHER. SHAWN THEN WALKS UP TO THE k*ller AND TAKES THE MASK OFF.

THE k*ller ENDS UP BEING SHAWN'S DOUBLE. CORY, SHAWN AND TOPANGA IN SHOCK.

CORY: (IN SHOCK) Shawn? (SHAWN LOOKS AT CORY)

THE SCENE CHANGES TO SHAWN DREAMING ALL THIS IN DETENTION.

CORY (CONT'D): Shawn? (SHAKES SHAWN TO WAKE HIM) Hey Shawn?

SHAWN: (SHAWN OPENS HIS EYES AND LOOKS AT CORY IN CONFUSION) Cory! (LOOKS ALL AROUND)

CORY: You fell asleep, Feeny's looking at you like he's going to k*ll you.

FEENY STARES AT SHAWN, TAPPING HIS FINGERS ON THE DESK.

SHAWN: No, he's not the k*ller, I am.

CORY: (CONFUSED) What?

SHAWN: (GETS UP, WALKS TO FEENY'S DESK) Mr. Feeny, you can let everyone else go, it's not their fault we're in detention. It's mine.

FEENY: How do you figure that?

SHAWN: Well, Cory and Topanga aren't together anymore.

FEENY: Yes, I know, I too read Teen b*at, Mr. Hunter.

SHAWN: And I guess I've been taking it pretty hard, and I'm sorry I disrupted the class and k*lled everyone, but I think I know why I did it. (SMILES)

FEENY: (STANDS) Pray tell.

SHAWN: (TO CORY AND TOPANGA) You guys have been together since before I even knew you... And if you're not then I guess I feel there's nothing I can depend on... And it really makes me angry that there's nothing I can do to fix that.

CORY: (GETS UP TO GO TO SHAWN) Shawn, you're not responsible for this.

SHAWN: What do you mean?

TOPANGA: (TO SHAWN) This isn't your fault.

FEENY: Something bad happened Mr. Hunter, but for the very first time you're not responsible.

SHAWN: (CONCERNED AND QUIETLY) How come I feel so bad?

FEENY: Well, because you're a troubled young man, I recognize that from the movie, "A Troubled Young Man" (PAUSE) You may all go, it's obvious that you have suffered enough.

EVERYONE GETS UP AND LEAVES, FEENY'S THE LAST TO LEAVE, AS HE LEAVES HE TURNS OFF THE LIGHTS AND SHUTS DOOR. A STRANGE SHROUDED FIGURE GETS OUT FROM BEHIND COMPUTER AND GOES AND OPENS DOOR AND LEAVES, WE

FADE OUT

END OF ACT TWO

TAG

INT. FEENY'S CLASSROOM - (DAY 2) (Cory, Shawn, Topanga, Feeny, Angela, Kenny, Atmos / Students)

FEENY: (STANDING) The Great Society, Mr. Matthews.

CORY: (STANDS) Linden Johnson, gendarmes the public policy, sir, Mr. Feeny, sir. (SITS)

FEENY: Nebraska, Miss Lawrence.

TOPANGA: (STANDS) Gee, I don't know, you've actually stumped me, sir Mr. Feeny, sir. (SITS; FEENY LAUGHS)

FEENY: Nebraska, Mr. Hunter.

SHAWN: (STANDS) The only state with a unicameral legislature, sir, (SALUTES) Mr. Feeny, sir. (SITS)

FEENY: The Pythagorean theorem, Miss Moore.

ANGELA: (STANDS) A squared plus B squared equals C squared, sir, Mr. Feeny, sir. (SITS)

CORY: (STANDS) Ah, actually I have written a thesis which disputes that theory, and when I except my field medal from mathematics I will be sure to thank you, sir Mr. Feeny, sir... come on everybody (EVERYONE GETS UP AND APPLAUSE HIM) let's give him a hand to sir, Mr. Feeny, sir.

FEENY'S DREAMING ALL THIS AND IS RUDELY AWAKED BY THE CLASS THROWING PAPER AT HIM AND LAUGHING, THROWING PAPER AT EACH OTHER GOING CRAZY.

FEENY: (YELLING) Nebraska, Mr. Hunter, Nebraska!

SHAWN: That's the 75 state, major exports tortias.

TOPANGA: GGGGGGrrrrrrrrrr ahh, haaaaa (THROWING PAPER)

FEENY HOLDS SCISSORS TO HEAD, WHERE WE,

FADE OUT: