06x01 - His Answer (Part 1)

Episode transcripts for the TV show "Boy Meets World". Aired: September 1993 to May 2000.*
Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A coming-of-age comedy follows Cory as he juggles school, friends and romance.

06x01 - His Answer (Part 1)

Post by bunniefuu »

Opening Credits

Ben Savage: (Voiceover) Previously and absolutely unbelievably on Boy Meets World

[sh*ts from scene in hotel hallway in Prom-ises, Prom-ises]

Alan: We’re having a baby!

Cory: You’re having a baby?

[sh*ts from scene in the Matthews’ backyard in Things Change]

Feeny: (To Cory) I’m retiring.

Cory: What do you mean by that?

[sh*ts of the graduation ceremony in Graduation]

Topanga: Mr. Feeny said I should go to Yale unless I have a really good reason not to.

Cory: Well, there isn’t any good reason.

Topanga: Actually, there is.

Feeny: Ladies and gentlemen, the John Adams High School Class of nineteen hundred and ninety-eight! (The whole class, except Cory & Topanga, stands)

Topanga: (Cory stands halfway) Will you marry me? (Cory sits, the students all cheer, except Cory & Topanga, who stare at each other.)

[SCENE – Auditorium stage after the graduation ceremony. Everyone except Cory and Topanga have left. They are still staring at each other]

Topanga: Cory?

Cory: (Looking confounded) Did I just ask you to marry me?

Topanga: I asked you.

Cory: But I always thought that I’d be the one to propose.

Topanga: Well, I b*at you to it. Cory, if you wanna be the one…

Cory: (Interrupting) No, no, no, no… This is the nineties, what’s done is done. So, okay. You proposed! Hey, we better get to that graduation party… (Stands to leave)

Topanga: (Grabs Cory’s hand) I’d like an answer, Cory.

Cory: (Sits) And I’m gonna give it to you. But you know, Topanga, it’s not every day a guy gets asked a question like that, and it’s not everyday I can give you an… (Interrupting him, Topanga pulls him towards her and gives him a passionate kiss) So you got a ring for me or what? (Topanga smiles)

[SCENE – John Adams’ High School hallway. Students mill about as Cory and Topanga enter together, still wearing their gowns]

Cory: Topanga, listen, I wanna be with you more than anything in the world, okay? But I cannot let you give up Yale for me.

Topanga: Do you honestly want me to go to Yale?

Cory: …No.

Topanga: Then shut up about it! Pennbrook is a great school, I’m gonna get a great education. Besides, what good is college without this face? (Puts hands on Cory’s cheeks)

Cory: It’s no good, it’s no good at all.

Topanga: So when do you want to do it?

Cory: Do what?

Topanga: Get married, Cory!

Cory: Topanga, I don’t know about… I haven’t even had time to think…

Topanga: (Interrupting, walking with Cory’s hand) How about right away?

Cory: Right away? Right away when?

Topanga: Cory, we’ve been dating each other since we were two. We’ve both had a chance to be with other people.

Cory: Yeah, I wonder what she’s doing. (Topanga hits his arm)

Topanga: Do you think we’ll be together for the rest of our lives?

Cory: Yeah, I know we will.

Topanga: So do I. We’re not like other people, Cory, we’re weird! Let’s just do it! Plus, I wanna have time for our honeymoon before college starts. (Takes his arm, begins walking)

Cory: A honeymoon, huh?

Topanga: Mm-hm.

Cory: And on this honeymoon, you and I, we’d probably…

Topanga: (interrupting) Oh, there’s a good chance, yeah. (Nods)

Cory: A good chance, keep talking…

Topanga: Let’s go tell you parents. (Walks past Cory, he stops her)

Cory: No! I mean, no, I don’t think we should tell my parents, they’re going through a lot right now with the baby coming and everything and I don’t know if they’d understand. In fact, they’re incapable of understanding. I don’t think we should tell anyone. (Topanga looks sad) Y’know, until we figure out what we’re gonna do.

Topanga: Cory, you do wanna marry me, don’t you?

Cory: Yeah, I just… (Sees some people nearby, swings around Topanga and leans in) I don’t want everyone sticking their noses in our business. Y’know, I mean, this is our lives, this is for us to decide. Okay, promise you won’t tell a soul.

Topanga: Okay, I promise. I kind of like it, it’s very Romeo & Juliet.

Cory: (Laughs) That’s why we’re not telling anyone, whatever you need.

Topanga: So are we engaged or what?

Cory: Yeah, if you don’t open up your big mouth.

Topanga: (Swooning) You… (Kisses him, then they hug)

Feeny: (Approaches) Congratulations you two.

Cory: (Still hugging Topanga, eyes widen) Oh my god, he knows!

Topanga: (Still hugging) Cory, Mr. Feeny is congratulating us on graduating, so, uh, why don’t you thank him?

Feeny: Is there something else?

Cory: (Pulls away from Topanga) Nothing! Get off my back!

Feeny: (Holds up hands) Whatever you say.

Cory: (laughs) Oh, you’re a smart one, aren’t you, George, huh? You know you know. I know you know, I don’t know how you know, but I know that you know!

Feeny: (Indifferent) Alright, I know… I know everything… Now, what in the world are you talking about?

Cory: Nothing! (Takes Topanga’s hand) This gets out, I’ll hunt you down like a dog! (Runs away with Topanga, who waves goodbye, grinning)

[SCENE – Shawn, Jack, and Eric’s apartment. There is a knock at the door, Shawn answers. It’s Cory]

Cory: How ya doing?

Shawn: (Surely) Topanga asked you to marry her.

Cory: I hate you.

[Cut to Angela’s room. Angela is doing her hair in the mirror, talking to Topanga, who is on the bed]

Angela: Boys are so weird.

Topanga: I know… But I love him and I want to be with him till he dies. But you can’t tell anyone, not even Shawn.

[Cut to Shawn’s apartment]

Cory: Feeny told you, didn’t he? I’m gonna find him and rip him apart!! (Mimics ripping)

Shawn: I was sitting right next to you, you dope. I heard everything.

[Cut to Angela’s room]

Angela: (Stands) That’s why he looked to scared. (Sits on bed)

Topanga: I don’t think he was scared, I just think he was a little flustered.

Cory: I was a little flustered, that’s all.

Shawn: You looked like somebody sh*t you in the head. But hey, I don’t blame you. Y’know, if Angela asked me that in the middle of my graduation, I’d wet my gown, too. (He and Cory look at Cory’s crotch)

[Cut to Angela’s room]

Angela: Girl, at our age, we are supposed to be having fun, not getting married. What idiot doesn’t know that?

Shawn: Marry her.

Cory: What?

Shawn: I think you should marry her.

Cory: Shawn, that’s not what you’re supposed to say. You’re supposed to say that you think we’re crazy.

Shawn: Well, you’re crazy if you think you haven’t been married to her your entire life. You might as well get presents.

Cory: Well, I do need a new toaster… But no. No! Rushing into marriage right now is way too overwhelming, what with high school ending, college starting…

Shawn: And you’re scared to tell your parents.

Cory: Well, I see no reason why they ever have to know.

[Cut to hallway, Shawn and Cory walk out of the apartment]

Shawn: Well, if we’re done talking about you, I’ve got some news.

Cory: Well, we’re not done talking about me. How selfish are you?

Shawn: Look, (shuts door) I think I’m gonna take courses at Pennbrook.

Cory: Good, have a nice day.

Shawn: Which means that I’m gonna be living in a dorm. So, if you’re not ready to have Topanga as a roommate… (elevator arrives)

Cory: Wait, you and me together, that’s two proposals in the same day, Shawn. I must be the luckiest boy in the world! (Eric & Jack lean their heads out of the elevator inquisitively) Well, Shawnie. I’m glad you decided to go to college, bud.

Shawn: Thanks. (They hug)

Jack: (With Eric, steps out of elevator) Wait a minute, what’s he talking about?

Shawn: I’m gonna take come college courses. I love my job, but there’s more to life than photographing naked ladies.

Jack: Oh, hey, that’d great, buddy! You’re going to college! (Hugs Shawn) Alright!

Eric: There’s no more to life than naked ladies. Except maybe naked ladies that wear really tight shirts and really tight pants. (Smiles)

Jack: (To Shawn) Look, I’m proud of you, okay? (Turns to Eric) The problem with you, is you don’t know how to be supportive. Okay, I want you to be supportive.

Eric: (Dejected) Sorry, I’ll try…

Cory: You know, this means that Shawn and I are gonna be roommates.

Jack: What?

Eric: (Pressed) I support that!

Jack: (To Eric) Unbelievable.

Eric: (To Shawn) I support that!

Jack: (To Eric) I don’t believe you!

Eric: (Falls to his knees, hugs Shawn’s waist) I am so proud of you!!

Jack: (To Eric) Yeah… That’s great, good job. (Eric stands) (To Shawn) Please don’t move out.

Shawn: Hey, school doesn’t start for two months.

Cory: You guys should have plenty of time to find a new roommate.

Eric: Cannot be done!

Jack: We are very particular!

Eric: We got strict requirements! (Cory & Shawn exit into the elevator)

(Rachel appears through a doorway in the back, yelling offstage)

Rachel: (Tearfully) I give up a scholarship to Yale (Throws suitcase out of the room) to move to Philadelphia with you, and you tell me you’re going (Throws bag out of room) to Corpus Christi to find yourself? You know what? (Picks up framed photograph, looks at it) Find this! (Throws photo, shuts door and exits into hallway, where Jack & Eric just witnessed the event)

Eric: (To Jack) She pretty.

Jack: Dat a lot of woman.

Rachel: (Tearfully) Like this guy doesn’t make any sense, does it?

Eric: (To Rachel) I think you did a wonderful job and I support you.

Rachel: (Sets down bags in front of the elevator) And I really thought that we loved each other. Now I have no place to stay, I don’t know what I’m gonna do. (Sits on a suitcase)

Eric: (Laughing cruelly) Oh, man, I don’t envy you!

[Cut to later. Jack, Eric, Rachel, and Rachel’s suitcases are gone, replaced by a large pile of clothes. The elevator opens, revealing Shawn. A bag flies onto the pile. Jack and Eric and throwing stuff from their apartment onto the pile. Shawn enters the apartment]

Shawn: What’s all my stuff doing out in the hallway? (Eric throws a bag into Shawn, who catches it)

Jack: Oh yeah, we found a new roommate.

Eric: Get out. Here, I’ll help. (Picks up a pillow)

Shawn: School doesn’t start for two months.

Jack: Well, the funny thing is, we found someone who meets every one of our strict requirements.

Shawn: I’m gonna have to tell this guy that he can’t move in here till I’m good and ready to move out.

(Enter Rachel in a purple silk robe)

Rachel: Hey, do you guys have any toothpaste that I could borrow? (See Shawn, waves) Hi.

Shawn: (To Jack & Eric) Let me help you here. Yeah… (Jack & Eric agree)

Eric: Just throw stuff out the door… There you go.

Jack: You’re good.

Shawn: Well… (Eric throws him out the door, onto the pile, then shuts the door)

[SCENE – Matthews’ backyard. Cory, Topanga, Angela, and Shawn all walk by. Angela and Shawn enter the house. Topanga is about to, but Cory stops her.]

Cory: Hey, hey, come here. You didn’t tell Angela about us, did you?

Topanga: I would never! Why?

Cory: Y’know, she was sh**ting me nasty looks at dinner and I almost didn’t enjoy my pudding.

Topanga: Did you say anything to Shawn about us? Because I think he’s been winking at me.

Cory: (Gasps girlishly) I would never! Hey, I know how to keep a secret. And remember, my parents are in there, so just act natural.

(Cory & Topanga enter the Matthews’ kitchen, where Amy, Alan, and Morgan are sitting at the table with Shawn and Angela standing nearby)

Alan: Cory, Shawn just told us the big news, why didn’t you say anything?

Cory: (To Shawn) You told them?!

Topanga: (To Cory) You told Shawn?!

Cory: (To Topanga) Oh, of course I told Shawn! (To Alan) Aren’t you angry?

Alan: Well, you guys have been together forever, why would I be angry?

Cory: (Laughs, Mimics wiping sweat from brow) Whoo! (Puts arm around Topanga) Talk about a load off my mind, huh?

Alan: Yeah, I think you and Shawn will be very happy together as roommates.

Topanga: (To Cory, upset) You and Shawn? What about us?

Amy: Topanga, I don’t think the school would allow you and Cory to be roommates, unless you were married. (Chuckles with Alan)

Cory: (Quietly to Shawn) Here’s where I’m dead.

Topanga: (To Cory) I thought we were gonna decide this together.

Cory: Well, I was gonna discuss it.

Angela: (To Shawn) Hey, you knew about it, too?

Cory: (To Topanga) You told Angela?

Topanga: You told Shawn!

Angela: (To Shawn) Why didn’t you tell me?

Shawn: You didn’t tell me!

(Enter Eric)

Eric: Hey, everybody! I got this new roommate, she is FINE!!

Alan: Alright. (Stands) I’d kinda like to know what is going on, now. (Smiles and nods to Eric, who does it back simultaneously)

Cory: Okay, dad, uh… see… Topanga and I are… uh, (chuckles uncomfortably) it’s really kind of amusing if you think about it… uh… see, what’s gonna happen is, um…

Topanga: (Steps forward) Cory and I are getting married.

Alan: (After a long pause, laughing incredulously) Are you out of your minds?

Amy: Why?

Shawn: Because they love each other.

Angela: No, that’s not a reason. They are too young.

Alan: (To Cory) You can’t even clean up your room!

Cory: I’m gonna get to it…

Amy: (Stands) You’ll wait until you finish college.

Alan: Of course they will.

Shawn: They haven’t decided anything.

Alan: Who’s idiot idea was this?

Cory: Mine. It was my idiot idea, it’s my idiot life, and I have the right to decide if I want to be a married idiot.

Topanga: I asked Cory to marry me.

Cory: (To parents) Please don’t yell at my fiancé.

Amy: Topanga, I thought you had more sense.

Morgan: I asked Bobby Piplowski to marry me… then he kicked me.

Amy: Have you thought of the responsibilities your gonna have?

Angela: No, they haven’t. They haven’t thought of anything.

Shawn: Okay, Angela, let’s stay out of this. (Tries to pull her aside)

Angela: (Resists) No, these are our friends. How can you let them ruin their lives?!

Shawn: They’re not like us! They’re hopelessly in love! (Realizes) And so are we… So are we.

Amy: (To Cory) We have paid for you food, for your clothes, for your phone, for your car insurance…

Alan: You think you can handle all that?

Cory: You know what? You two got married when you were my age, right?

Alan: I was a dope! (Amy looks startled, Alan is suddenly in trouble, glancing back and forth between Amy and Cory) I take that back. What I mean… What I’m trying to say is think of all the things in life you’ll be missing out on.

Cory: Dad, Topanga and I are just trying…

Alan: (Interrupting) No, no, no… You think you know what you want from your life, huh? You think you’ve got it all figured out. Well, things don’t always turn out the way you plan. So, if you’re gonna do this, you better prepare to make sacrifices.

Amy: (Sternly) What sacrifices did you make, Alan?

Alan: (Turns to Amy sharply) What?

Angela: (To Shawn) What do you mean, we’re not hopelessly in love?

Shawn: (Turns to Angela) What?

(Amy & Alan and Shawn & Angela begin to bicker. Cory and Topanga walk into the backyard)

Topanga: Well, they’re taking it better than I thought.

Cory: Well, it isn’t for them to decide. Okay, this is our lives, Topanga, and nobody is gonna tell us what to do. Come on, we’re getting married. (Topanga smiles, Cory takes her hand and exits)

[SCENE – Matthews’ kitchen. Shawn & Angela and Alan & Amy are arguing as Morgan and Eric look on]

Eric: Hey, hey, hey, HEY!! If everybody will just calm down, I think I can be the voice of reason, here. (Everyone laughs, then the couple continue arguing) (Over arguing) I think they should get married!

Shawn: A-men!

Angela: Stop it, Shawn.

Alan: Eric, sit down!

Eric: Thank you, dad. (Sits) Alright, listen. The chances that Cory could find a woman like Topanga are, like, one in a million.

Shawn: There’s nobody better.

Angela: Well, it’s true.

Amy: Oh, we all love Topanga, that’s not the issue!

Eric: Yes, but see, in a few years she’s gonna dry up. Gonna get all wrinkly! He might as well just grab her when she’s still smooth, am I right there, dad! (Hits his arm in a manly way)

Alan: You’re an imbecile. (He and Eric laugh)

Morgan: Have any of you guys noticed that Cory and Topanga aren’t here? (Everyone looks to the open door)

[SCENE – Cory’s car on the highway. Cory drives while Topanga rides shotgun]

Topanga: Cory, are you positive you wanna do this?

Cory: We’re in a car, aren’t we?

Topanga: Yeah, I know, but you’re not just doing this because your parents are against it?

Cory: Topanga, I told you, it’s my life. I decide what I wanna do with it.

Topanga: What happens when you get to college and you see everybody meeting each other and dating and having fun… Are you gonna wish you could be doing the same thing?

Cory: Well, it didn’t faze me in high school, why should it faze me now?

Topanga: Cory, you had your heart set on this big romantic wedding.

Cory: Listen, Topanga, I can’t think of anything more romantic than sneaking off to a quiet little wedding chapel in the country. I wanna marry you! That’s what I had my heart set on. I do!

Topanga: (Smiles) Well, why did you pass the exit?

Cory: (Gruffly) Stop hounding me.

[SCENE – Matthews’ kitchen. Morgan, Amy, Alan, Shawn, Angela and Eric are all still sitting around]

Amy: Yeah, well we said some pretty awful things.

Alan: No, we just told them the truth. They probably just went to think things over.

Eric: I’ll bet they eloped.

Alan: Without our permission? Cory? I don’t think so.

Shawn: Hey, I know him. If he’s forced to choose between anything and Topanga, it’s no contest.

Amy: (To Alan) Remember when we told your father we were gonna get married? What did we do?

Alan: Well, that was different. I mean, he was stubborn, totally set against it, would listen to anything we had to s… (Realizes, put face in his hands) Oh, boy! Ooooohhh, boy!

Shawn: (Quietly) Don’t worry about it.

Eric: Guys, can I be the voice of reason here, again? (Everybody laughs) That’s great… Um, maybe you are responsible. In fact, I know you are. What with the bickering and the lecturing and the yelling…

Amy: (Interrupting, agitated) Okay, Eric!

Eric: We have to support Cory and Topanga and accept this marriage. We can’t push them out of our lives like we pushed them to elope! They love each other and they belong together. Just like me and Rachel.

Alan: Who’s Rachel?

Eric: She’s my beautiful new roommate angel. (Laughs bashfully) She’s back at the apartment right now with Jack… Oh, no… What if, what if they hit it off and she cheats on me? (Appalled) That tramp, man! I’m gonna get back and start slapping some people around! (Exits, Alan rushes to lock the door)

Amy: It is our fault! We drove them to it.

[SCENE – Chapel in the country. After Cory & Topanga knock, Judge Bemis and his wife answer the door]

Cory: Judge Bemis?

Judge Bemis: Yes?

Cory: Hi, I’m Cory Matthews. We talked on the phone.

Judge Bemis: Oh, come on in, young man! (Shakes his hand, Cory & Topanga enter) Come on in. And this must be the bride with the nutty name. (Shakes Topanga’s hand)

Topanga: Topanga, hi.

Judge Bemis: Topanga… (chuckles) That’s silly… This is my wife, Fafoofta. (Shuts door)

Foofie: Our one friend calls me Foofie. How do you do? (Shakes Topanga’s hand) How do you do? (Shakes Cory’s hand)

Judge Bemis: She’ll be your witness.

Foofie: (Weepy) Oh, they’re so young, Henry!

Judge Bemis: Pay her no mind, we’ve been marrying folks for 36 years and she bawls like a baby every time. (To Foofie, harshly) Stop it!

Topanga: We appreciate you guys doing this for us at such a late hour.

Judge Bemis: Oh, nonsense, this is what we do. Besides, we can’t be choosy. Everybody wants a big wedding these days, nobody wants to elope no more.

Topanga: Well, I do. Right Cory? (Cory is frozen) Cory, say “I do.”

Cory: Already?

[SCENE – Jack, Eric, and Rachel’s apartment. Jack and Rachel, there alone, are talking to each other]

Jack: Shawn and I are very different people. But, we’re brothers and there’s really nothing we wouldn’t do for each other. Then we b*at each other up.

Rachel: Yeah, me and my sister are the same way.

Jack: Oh, well if you’re ever homesick and you wanna wrestle… (Smiles)

Rachel: What, me wrestle you? Oh, god no, I’m a girl… (Jumps onto Jack, pinning him on the couch)

Jack: Whoa!

Rachel: (Atop Jack) But I am one big ol’ girl!

(Enter Eric, who screams funnily upon seeing Rachel sitting on Jack)

Jack: Yeah, that’s right. (Mimics Eric’s scream) She’s sitting on me, man!

Rachel: (Gets off him) Oh, we were just fooling around.

Jack: (Clinging to her hand) Oh, no, please don’t go.

Rachel: So, where were you, Eric?

Eric: Oh, well, hi, while you guys were here having your little sumo-fest, I was putting a crisis out on the home front.

Rachel: Wow, is everything okay?

Eric: (Gets a soda from the fridge) It is, now. Cory and Topanga, that’s my little brother and Topanga, they ran off to elope. My parents kinda went mental, I calmed everything down. (Taps top of soda can)

Rachel: How’d you do that?

Eric: I said, “Calm down, you!” (Rachel nods in approval) Yep, then I explained to ‘em that we love both my brother and Topanga and it would be… it would just be better if we accepted the marriage rather than push them out of our lives and make them hate our guts, y’know?

Rachel: That is so romantic of you. (Tugs his shirt)

Eric: (Laughs bashfully, which turns to bragging laughter when he turns to Jack)

Jack: Oh, she’s not sitting on you, is she?

Eric: (Taps temple) Oh, in here she is, my friend, in here she is.

Jack: Oh yeah…?

Eric: That’s right…

Rachel: You know, I can hear everything you guys are saying. (Jack and Eric look to Rachel, aghast) Oh, you guys are terrific. (Puts arms around them) Y’know, being with you makes me realize what a creep my boyfriend really is.

Eric: You deserve better.

Jack: You deserve the best!

Eric: I’m sayin’!

Rachel: You know what my problem is? My problem is that I always feel that I need a man in my life. (Eric cuddles her shoulder) And I always choose the wrong one. (Looks to Eric, then Jack) This is why I’m so lucky I found you two.

Jack: Oh… (Rachel walks away, he and Eric are visibly smitten)

Rachel: God, it’s such a relief knowing we can live together with all that… y’know… (Waves hands subtlety but suggestively)

Eric: (Feigned grinning) Yeah… That is good…

Jack: That’s a relief…

Eric: Yeah. Oooh…

Rachel: (Walks over) We’re gonna be just like girlfriends. (Pats their heads, exits to the bedrooms)

Jack: Girlfriends…

Eric: (Jumbled) Just a minute! (Holds up a finger) If I understand this correctly, girlfriends sleep together, bathe together, and even get to see each other naked.

Jack: (After a pause) We already do that. (Eric looks around suspiciously, then holds up a hush finger)

[SCENE – Matthews’ backyard. Feeny has joined Shawn, Angela, Amy, and Alan in the waiting game]

Amy: (Pacing) Oh, it’s all my fault. I came down way too hard on them. I made them do it.

Alan: (Sitting on bench) I’m the one that jumped all over him. Cory stood up to me like a man and I just sh*t him down.

Shawn: (Leaning on fence) No, no, Cory came to me for advice. He wanted me to tell him to wait. I told him to go ahead and get married.

Angela: (Sitting on bench arm) (After a pause where everyone looks at her) Well, hey, don’t look at me. I said all the right things. But it didn’t matter.

Feeny: (Leaning on fence from his yard) You can’t tell Cory and Topanga what to do. I’ve been trying to do that since the first grade. I remember when I tried to separate their desks. She kicked me. He bit me. And some little punk kept saying, “Leave ‘em alone! They should get married!”

Shawn: I was cute then, huh?

Feeny: (Sarcastically) Precious… But the point is, your advice came from a good place. But Cory and Topanga aren’t in the first grade anymore. They made their own decision and I think they’ll be fine because they’ve been well brought up.

Alan: And well taught.

Shawn: Well, I’ve… I’ve done the best I can. (Rubs chin wistfully)

Amy: Alan?

Alan: What’s wrong?

Amy: (Sits next to Alan) I wish we could be at the wedding.

[SCENE – Chapel. Foofie is playing the wedding march on the organ, Judge Bemis stands in the front of the room, behind a podium with a bible on it. With the song, Cory and Topanga slowly step towards Judge Bemis, Topanga carrying a bouquet of flowers. Foofie turns to Cory & Topanga, looking sad, but still playing. Cory & Topanga reach the front of the room and Judge Bemis does the k*ll sign. Foofie abruptly stops playing]

Judge Bemis: We are gathered here today to join in holy matrimony Cory and Topanga.

Foofie: (Next to Judge Bemis, weeping) But they’re so young, Henry…

Judge Bemis: (To Foofie) Why don’t we just give them back their money?

Foofie: That would be a nice gesture.

Judge Bemis: Thirty-six years and she still don’t get it. This is what we do for a living! Where was I? Cut to the chase… Do you, Cory, take Topanga to be your wife? To honor and cherish her, for rich or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?

Cory: Well, I always have. (Looks into Topanga’s eyes) I always will. (Looks to Judge Bemis) I do.

Judge Bemis: And do you, Topanga, take Cory to be your husband? To honor and cherish him, for rich or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?

(Cory’s grin slowly fades as Topanga doesn’t answer. He turns to look at her)

To be continued…